Thursday, March 5, 2009

Durango Film Festival Blog Post Numero Uno!

Hello Durango!  We're finally here! The bus ride from LA took like 37 hours, but at least we made it on time for our first screening.  I gotta admit, this place looks so different in person than it does on the web... flatter for sure.  Somebody told me there was skiing here, but I can't even see the mountain.  Must be a shuttle somewhere for that.  I'll ask the desk clerk at the motel... nice enough guy...  even brought a cot in the room for Jason and didn't charge us for the extra person in a single room, which is pretty cool.  The TV only gets 5 channels though, and 3 are in spanish.  Weird or what? Anyway, me and Jason have been trying to figure out how to get to the Abbey Theater for the 3pm screening of Dropping In, but we can't seem to even find the street it's supposed to be on.  We're on some road called Farm Road number 935... pretty sure the festival's gonna be nearby... probably a shuttle to take us there too.  I'll ask the desk clerk, nice enough guy, but I don't think he's from around here, seems really uninformed, not too bright actually... doesn't even seem to know about the film festival.  Weird.  Anyway, time to go find the Abbey Theater.  More from beautiful Durango Texas tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment